Proximity mines were high-powered explosive packs with wide explosive radius that used sensors capable of detecting shifts in air pressure to detonate the mine when anyone entered its blast zone. They could also be detonated with a timer or when a ship passed within the radius of an energy field around the mine. The only way to disarm a ground proximity mine was to crawl up to it and deactivate it. There were floating variants, which were deployed by Trade Federation starfighters during the Invasion of Naboo.
**This card has been corrected in the Errata / FAQ **
Corrected Card Text/Abilities
ACTION: Discard this card to drop 1 proximity mine token. When a ship's base or maneuver template overlaps this token, this token detonates.
Original Card Text/Abilities
ACTION: Discard this card to drop 1 proximity mine token.
When a ship executes a maneuver, if its base or maneuver template overlaps this token, this token detonates.
- Note that a Proximity Mine token that is dropped on a ship is placed under the ship’s base and does immediately detonate. A ship is also considered to be overlapping a Proximity Mine token when it executes a maneuver, decloaks, or performs a boost or barrel roll.
- If a ship executes a maneuver in which its maneuver template and/or base overlaps multiple proximity mine tokens, all of the proximity mine tokens detonate, even if the ship is destroyed by the first token it overlaps.
- If a ship drops a Proximity Mine so that it overlaps multiple ships, the player dropping the bomb chooses which ship suffers the effects of the Proximity Mine detonating.
- A ship equipped with Draw Their Fire cannot suffer the damage caused by Proximity Mines as that damage is not an attack. (X-Wing FAQ, Version 3.1.1, Updated 07/24/2015)
- Average expected damage is 1.5 (ignoring the effects of crits). Activating Cad Bane increases average expected damage to 2.25 (Cad behaves like a target lock).