**This card has been corrected in the Errata / FAQ **
Scheming, powerful, and evil to the core, Darth Sidious restored the Sith and destroyed the Jedi Order. Living a double life, Sidious was in fact Palpatine, a Naboo Senator and phantom menace. He slowly manipulated the political system of the Galactic Republic until he was named Supreme Chancellor -- and eventually Emperor -- ruling the galaxy through fear and tyranny.
Corrected Card Text/Abilities
Once per round, before a friendly ship rolls dice, you may name a die result. After rolling, you must change 1 of your dice results to the named result. That die result cannot be modified again.
Original Card Text/Abilities
- This ability can be used to change a die rolled as the result of a card ability (Anti-Pursuit Lasers, resolving a Damage card effect) or when a friendly ship has overlapped a Proximity Mine, Cluster Mine, or obstacle.
- A player may change a die result to the result it is already showing (for example, using Emperor Palpatine to change a crit result to a crit result).
- Emperor Palpatine is a crew Upgrade card.
- When attacking or defending, Emperor Palpatine is used during the “Roll Attack Dice” or “Roll Defense Dice” steps respectively.
- After a ship rolls defense dice and before it resolves the effect of Lightweight Frame to roll an additional defense die, Palpatine can be used on the separate, additional defense die. Note that if Palpatine is used for the initial roll, he cannot affect the separate, additional defense die. (X-Wing FAQ, Version 4.4.0, Updated 10/25/2017)
This card can be equipped by the following ships: